varicose veins make people conscious of their appearance. The bulging purple veins are not desirable by anyone associated with pain and discomfort. Therefore, there is an effective solution for varicose veins in Boise, and it is sclerotherapy. It is an injection-based treatment that uses a needle to insert liquid inside the body and helps the veins to treat themselves.
However, there are some essential facts that you must know about sclerotherapy before moving ahead with this treatment. There are various Boise sclerotherapy treatment centers where you can learn more about the treatment through doctors. So, let’s begin our discussion about sclerotherapy.
What are Some Important Facts about Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is an advanced treatment procedure for varicose and spider veins. Therefore, if you are considering this treatment for your body, you must be aware of some quick facts related to the treatment.
- It takes time to show results: Sclerotherapy does not show quick and instant results. The effects will not be visible instantly; it will take time to absorb the solution in your body and to reabsorb the usual vein after the treatment. It can take several weeks to see the results of this treatment.
- It is minimally invasive: Sclerotherapy is an efficient and effective treatment because it is minimally invasive. It doesn’t require hospitalization or the use of general anesthesia for the treatment. During the procedure, the vein specialist uses a thin injection solution to inject into the affected areas. This solution irritates the veins and causes them to stick together and swell. Gradually, the veins fade away, and the pain and discomfort decrease with the treatment. As the treatment is minimally invasive, the complications of the treatment are very low.
- Repeat treatment is required: It is often seen that sclerotherapy is effective in the treatment of varicose and spider veins. However, it is not possible to treat all the abnormal veins in a single session. Therefore, you may develop abnormal veins again, so in that case, it is essential to go for repeat treatment to eliminate these bulging veins effectively.
- A little downtime is required: This is one of the most significant benefits of sclerotherapy, in which there is little downtime required for the treatment. You don’t have to take time off from your work for this treatment or spend days resting. Some patients return to their work once the procedure is done. So, there will be no long waiting for you after the treatment.
- Sclerotherapy is versatile: Sclerotherapy is a treatment that is used to treat both spider veins and varicose veins. Therefore, it is considered a versatile treatment that is applicable in both vein issues.