Cold is a common viral infection that we face and get mostly in the winters due to existence of cold. There are many reasons why we infect with cold and flu. It can be through many ways which include transmission of droplets, contact, unsanitary surroundings, and many things. We really aren’t aware in public who has cold or virus. So, it’s better to be cautious in public areas to prevent flu. Otherwise, If you’re already attacked to cold and you are aching from cold severely. These are 5 Home remedies for cold that improves your condition and make you feel better.
1. Chicken Soup
Chicken soup is a good remedy when you have a cold for several reasons. Chicken soup helps relieve a congested nose and throat. It helps to loosen up congestion as well as flu. While it keeps you stay hydrated, it makes you feel better also. According to some studies, Chicken soup has anti-inflammatory properties that will relieve congestion and flu. Some researchers believe that substances in chicken soup reduce the inflammation and helps to beat cold.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and effects that can help soothe a sore throat and beat the cold. It relives congestion and nausea.It is an essential remedy for curing a cold. It boosts up your immune system through the compounds present in ginger. Ginger improves recovery time and kills the virus associated with cold and flu. It is a traditional home remedy to fight colds and infections which you can try with some following steps.
Ginger Tea :
- Requires : Ginger root, Honey and Lemon
- Add 2 cups of water to a pot
- Add Ginger Slices in water.
- Boil for 20 mins.
- After, Pour tea to a cup with a sieve.
- Squeeze Half Lemon and 2 spoons of Honey.
Honey is an essential home remedy for fighting cold and flu. It has antioxidants, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties that help us fight against the common cold and its symptoms. Honey relieves sore a throat and it also boosts the immune system that reduces the symptoms of cold and recovers faster.There is no doubt, Honey is one of the best home remedies for cold.
How to take Honey
- Take a glass of warm water
- Add one tablespoon of honey
- Mix it well and have it. It is good to drink every day to help soothe your throat and prevent cold.
4. Milk and Turmeric
There are many benefits of drinking Tumeric Milk ( Golden Milk ). Such as
- It Boosts immunity system
- Relieves cold and flu
- Relieves sinus congestion
- Heal your body
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
Here how to make Tumeric Milk :
- 1 cup of Coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients in a pan and boil it
- Simmer for a minute or so and switch off the flame
- Pour into a cup
- Sip slowly while still hot.
Garlic is an effective home remedy for the cold that contains antimicrobial, antiviral and antibiotic properties. It is considered to be a traditional bacteria killer.Garlic kills the bacteria and infection associated with cold and flu. It also contains compounds that help the immune system fight germs. Though, Garlic can be used to cure cold effectively with some following steps:
- Take off the Peel from garlic
- Cut it into small pieces
- Take one spoon of honey
- Place Garlic pieces and honey on a spoon
- Have it on an empty stomach.
Have a look at these articles :
- How to Get Rid of a Cold
- How to Get Rid of Dandruff – Home remedies & Shampoos
- Ways to Get Rid of Dandruff Permanently
- Hair Care Tips for Men – Hair Care Routine
- 5 Best Home Remedies for Flakiness
- 2 Best tips for Healthy Skin and Clear Face
- 7 Effective Home Remedies for Pimples
Fill your email address in the next column if you’re interested in receiving notification from us.