This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here.
Girls want to wear shorts, leggings, and stockings but sometimes they have to rethink their choice. The reason behind this is, they feel shy to show their legs. Some of the girls are fit enough, but the weight distribution may not that fit. Some girls have some extra fat in their thigh area, some have extra fats in their hips or the lower leg or near the heels.
Today we’ll discuss these conditions and how to get rid of them and how to tone your legs.
According to the American Council on Exercise, an active women’s body has 22-25% of body fat. A healthy woman should not have less than 10% of body fat.
Fat distribution differs among people and is primarily determined by genetic factors; girls are more likely to be pear-shaped, whereas men are more likely to be apple-shaped. As a result, women tend to store fat in their buttocks, hips, lower abdomen, and thighs. The fat required for pregnancy and nursing is stored in the thighs of a woman.
Gluteofemoral fat, which forms on the legs and buttocks, is a sign of good metabolic health, regardless of how you appear in a pair of jeans.
Women also have more subcutaneous fat than visceral fat, which contributes to their soft curves. Visceral fat is more dangerous to one’s health.
Some Medical Terms
Hip dips are the inward depressions along your side of the thigh, just under the hip bone.
Cankles are poorly defined calf and ankle. The lack of graceful contours can make the transition from the calf to the foot nearly indistinguishable.
Lipedema is a condition that almost exclusively affects women and causes enlargement of both legs due to fat deposits under the skin. Lipedema can affect women of any age and weight.
1. Bodyweight Squats
Squats are the most effective exercise for the legs, thigh, and butt. There are so many youtube channels that show the proper way to performing multiple types of squats. Follow those steps to get the most benefits from this exercise.
Benefits of Bodyweight Squats:
- Tone your buttocks
- Burn fat and accelerate weight loss
- Tone your entire body.
- Enhance your circulation by improving your posture.
- Increase your adaptability.
- Maintain the strength of your lower back.
Lunges are a popular strength training exercise for people who wish to build muscle, reshape their bodies, and improve their general fitness and sports ability.
This is a resistance exercise that is most effective for lower leg tone and shape.
Benefits of Lunges are:
- Weight loss
- Strengthen the glutes, calf, hamstring, and quadriceps muscles.
- Tone and shaping the leg
- Maintain a curvy body shape.
3. Squat Jumps
This exercise is a powerful version of squats. The glutes, lower abs, and leg muscles are all worked out in this workout. Squat jumps and variants help you lose weight in your lower body, tone your buttocks and legs, and enhance your strength and balance.
Benefits of Squat jumps are:
- Tones muscles of butt, leg, and abs
- Weight loss and calorie burn
- Maintain Mobility And Balance
- Boost athletic performance
- Improves bone health
4. High Knee Toe Taps
It’s the most difficult exercise amongst them all. You may find it hard to perform. But you should not avoid it because of this. It’s very effective and shows the quick result to your hips, butts, calf. It’s an overall leg exercise.
5. Single-Leg Calf Raises
It’s a recommended exercise for calf muscles. If you have cankles or some extra fat in the calf area, you should perform this exercise regularly.
- Ankle strength and stability increases
- Reduces the fat of lower leg
- Improves running and jumping performance
6. Healthy Lifestyle
If you don’t maintain a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet. Nothing can reduce your leg fat and bring them into shape. Fitness begins in the kitchen. Try to keep a balanced calorie intake. Take enough protein and vitamins. Eat less fatty foods. Don’t depend on only vitamin and mineral supplements. Try to take some fruits every day. Fruits and green leafy vegetables are a natural source of many vitamins.
Follow a diet plan before starting the exercise routine. You can follow the one mentioned below or modify it according to your favorite foods.
- 1/2 cup scrambled egg whites with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon Parmesan, and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice whole-wheat toast
- A half-cup blueberries
- A full cup of skim milk
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries on top of 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Flavoring salad: 3/4 tablespoons of grilled bulgur, 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar, grilled grilled veggies (2 tablespoons of onion, 1/4 tablespoons of grilled chicken breasts, 1/2 cup of bell pepper, 1 tablespoon of cilantro chopped, and 1 tablespoon of low-fiber vinaigrettes
Evening Snack :
- 5/6 baby carrots along with 2 tablespoons hummus
- 3/4 ounces grilled salmon
- 1 cup wild rice with a tablespoon of toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon of spinach
- Cantaloupe 1/2 cup with 1/2 cup of raspberries sorbet
- Half cup of all fruits
Whenever choosing a diet plan or making one, keep in mind that a diet should contain a high amount of protein, sufficient carbohydrate, and the least amount of fat.
Nothing can be achieved overnight. Scientists found women lose fats first from there, where the last gained it. Suppose you gained some fat near the abdomen area recently. If you start full-body exercise, you’ll lose fat from the abdominal area first.
Above mentioned exercises are compound exercises. Which means they are effective for full body weight loss too.